Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 26, 2020

CORONAVIRUS

Thursday, March 26, 2020
The Global Pandemic Continues

As. day by day, the numbers rise & this epidemic hits closer to home not only geographically but in age as well with young people dieing, maybe part of the purpose is for us to reflect on our lives, to come to terms with the time we've wasted & how it could have been better spent. Not at all in a regretful way, but in a "My number could be up any day now, how am I going to live today to the fullest?" (& do it inside, fulfilling social isolation).

Call that friend you haven't spoken to, tell your loved ones you love them, play games together in the house with your family,  I'm by no means trying to polyanna a pandemic, I'm seeing it temporarily through a lens of how it can cause a shift in us that will help us use this precious time on earth more wisely.

Don't Netflix this time away in a blur of escapism & denial.  On the same token, don't devour the news 24/7  like.a ravenous fear monger & work yourself into a frenzy.  

Maybe it will get us to the place of if I only had 1 week to live, what would I do with my life?  What is the legacy I'm leaving in the world & how can I shift that, change it, make it more impactful to those I care about & the world at large.

I'm not a 12 step person, but I think there's something to be said for  atoning to those you've harmed.  I think it's a very emotionally if not physically freeing idea.  Why not give that some thought while in isolation?

Don't think of this time as "Mandatory Quarantine" & "Lockdown" but rather time for self reflection, & a reboot of sorts to go out & appreciate when we can, the deliciousness of a wonderful meal at a restaurant, the beauty of being in nature, & the company of friends.

Most of all, honor ALL your feelings.  Don't deny what you're going through.  This is hard. It is very hard.  It is new territory for the world at large.  Our hearts bleed for the world as we watch this unravel.  Be gentle on yourself, with yourself, and treat yourself in whatever way you can.

Stay safe.
Stay healthy.
Stay inside.
Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment